I just received an awesome article on antidepressants that my esteemed colleague, Professor Mark Noble, from the University of Rochester, sent to me. The authors seem to conclude that these drugs should not be prescribed for individuals struggling with depression! Although I have been leaning more and more strongly in this direction for decades, it is refreshing to see that some of the world’s top scientists have come to the same conclusion.
Check it out! Troubling, for sure, but super-important.
If you are interested in learning some powerful, drug-free treatment methods for depression and all of the anxiety disorders, my November 3 – 7 Atlanta intensive may be of interest to you. The intensives are the best psychotherapy training that I offer, and are tremendous opportunities for personal healing as well!
The intensive will feature powerful new TEAM-CBT techniques presented in a step-by-step way, with opportunities for small group practice with immediate feedback and mentoring from me and a number of expert helpers, as well as dramatic videos and live demonstrations. You will work super hard, with two evening sessions in addition to the four day sessions, and you will emerge exhausted, but hopefully filled with joy, many new skills and insights, and a much deeper understanding of the sudden, dramatic and lasting changes that can happen in effective treatment–even WITHOUT drugs or lengthy treatment.
I know you’ll learn a lot and laugh a lot, too, and I have no doubt we’ll shed some tears together, too. Many people have felt the intensives are among the most rewarding training experiences they’ve experienced. So I hope YOU can join us in Atlanta!
David Burns (email@example.com)
* * *
High-Speed Treatment of Depression
and Anxiety Disorders
A Four-Day TEAM-CBT Advanced Intensive
November 4 – 7, 2019
The Atlanta, Georgia Intensive
Click here for more information and registration
This will be my first East Coast Intensive in more than 25 years. l don’t travel to the east coast for teaching very often any more, as I just turned 77. But I’ve still got tons of energy and I still LOVE teaching, so I hope you can join us! David (AKA the elderly one)
* * *
Participant Feedback from this year’s San Francisco Summer Intensive.
I will be presenting the same program in Atlanta.
- The intervention on anxiety was so inspiring. Very powerful . . . a healing and amazing experience!
- I loved the Stage Fright demonstration. The stage was full of such beautiful people. I love your spontaneity, David, normalizing it with your nightmarish experience. Yeah! Celebrate!
- Such a safe environment. Vicarious healing. Awesome!
- Superb at all levels. Dr. Burns’ brilliance shines through even in the difficult moments.
- The unplanned and spontaneous anxiety (fear of public speaking) group was a real WOW!
- It was beautiful!
- It was Fantastic to see all the people with public speaking anxiety get up on stage. Fantastic! They looked at the fear monster in the face and realized it has no teeth!!
- The Externalization of Voices role-play was awesome.
- Love the sensibility of joyous failure!
- Fantastic training!
- David’s integration of philosophy and spirituality into the TEAM-CBT model—absolutely brilliant! An amazing experience!
- Today was very emotional for me. I didn’t have the courage to get up on stage and speak about my public speaking anxiety, but it was a wonder to watch the other participants share their own struggles. It brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful!
- During the practice with the Externalization of Voices, I experienced a shift that I did not think would be possible.
- Demos, role-plays. Helpers were fantastic, supportive. I learned a lot. Lots of tears. Facing my demons. Thank you, Dr. Burns!
- I think these ideas are light years better than most things that typically happen in therapy! Very motivating!
- We saw healing happen before our very eyes!
- Wow, fabulous! To go through the whole exercise was rewarding. The helpers were awesome. Thank you, Dr. Burns, for your awesomeness and helpful, brilliant mind.
- WOW WOW WOW! No words needed. AMAZING! Thank you for this experience!
- Superb!! Thank you, Dr. Burns!
- Our helper was awesome. Loved the night session! A+!
I hope some therapists from TN come to your Atlanta intensive.
Ralph in Nashville, TN
I hope so too! Warmly, david
where is Dr. Mark Noble’s article on antidepressants?
There was a link to it in the blog I sent out yesterday. david
Hi Dr. Burns,
I’m wondering if the intensive in Atlanta would possibly be open to the general public?
It is training for therapists, but in the past general citizens have sometimes attended, and this has usually worked out okay. You could check with the sponsors, Praxis, and see what they think. Thanks, and hope to see you there, Lisa. Keep in mind it is a training session, and not a treatment group. david