I am not now in clinical practice, but below you will find are some potential resources if you are looking for treatment. Referrals are not endorsements or guarantees for treatment methods or treatment outcomes. They are simply a few resources I am including that may be help for you if you are looking for treatment or training in TEAM-CBT. Google can sometimes be an excellent resource for finding therapists in your area.
I regret that I cannot do treatment via email or internet, either, so cannot respond adequately to individuals who describe personal problems and ask me for advice or help. However, I am happy to answer questions in a general way on my website if the question has some teaching potential that others might appreciate.
Although I have moved beyond traditional Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in the development of TEAM-CBT, traditional CBT might still be a good option for many individuals who don’t otherwise have access to good psychotherapy. If you use Google, you can search for a CBT therapist in your area. They have many therapists in the US and around the world.
Some people ask, “help me find a referral in Miami,” or Atlanta, etc. i am working alone and have no help, and do not have any referral lists. You can check the sites below for help, however.
I have no formal affiliation with any of the treatment or training programs listed below, and do not receive any type of financial payment for referrals or from any of the treatment or training programs described below. I am providing this information simply as a public service.
To learn more about free TEAM-CBT training programs for students and community therapists directed by me (Dr. Burns) and my colleagues at Stanford, plus other in-person and online psychotherapy training programs, click here.
TEAM-CBT in the San Francisco Bay Area
Feeling Good Institute (FGI), Mt. View, California
The Feeling Good Institute is located near El Camino Hospital in Mountain View, California. They offer
- TEAM-CBT treatment, including conventional individual therapy as well as intensives for individuals from out of town. The FGI also offers online-video therapy with TEAM CBT certified therapists in multiple states in the US and Canada. To find therapists trained in TEAM-CBT, visit the FGI website or watch a brief video describing the treatment programs.
- TEAM-CBT training for therapists, including in-person mentoring and workshops, as well as superb weekly online training groups. To watch a brief video describing their training programs, click here.
- TEAM-CBT certification for therapists. To learn more, contact Angela Krumm, PhD at the Feeling Good Institute.
The fees at the Feeling Good institute are high, due to the high cost of living in this area. However, they have a sliding fee policy and see many individuals at reduced fees. Make sure you inquire about this if you need a lower fee. Also, two of the certified TEAM-CBT therapists offer therapy via Skype-type connections on the internet.
To learn more about TEAM-CBT and how if has evolved from CBT, click here.
Feeling Good Therapy and Training Center has two locations in the bay area: Fremont and Santa Cruz, California.
Patients seeking TEAM-CBT therapy can contact us to inquire about services. Services are offered in a variety of languages on an intensive basis, as well as on a weekly basis. We do offer Video-Based therapy using a HIPPA compliant platform to individuals who reside in California but are not close to any of our two locations. To see a list of our services and a biography of our clinicians click here.
Co-founders at FGTTC are certified in TEAM-CBT and are trainers. Junior clinicians are at various levels of certification and join the weekly consultation and classes with senior clinicians in order to advance their skills in TEAM-CBT. Low fee services are provided by our staff who are training with us while accruing clinical hours toward licensure. For a list of our staff biographies click here.
Opportunities to learn and practice TEAM-CBT is available to interested mental health professionals from around the world by joining our online weekly classes and seminar style case consultation. In person training classes are offered in both locations as well. All classes offer CE’s as FGTTC is an approved provider of CE’s by APA and CPA. To see a list of our classes click here.
FGTTC offers a variety of talks, seminars, and workshops to the members of the community on a regular basis. All offerings are informed by TEAM-CBT concepts. To remain informed of the upcoming events, click here.
TEAM-CBT in New York
Dr. Taylor Chesney / Feeling Good Institute New York City
341 East 79th Street, Suite 302
New York, NY 10075
Dr. Taylor Chesney is the Clinical Director. The offer treatment and training programs in TEAM-CBT. Dr. Chesney also offers a superb weekly online training program in TEAM-CBT for children and teenagers. It is open to therapists from around the world.
You can contact Dr. Chesney at (516) 551-8063 or email her at email@example.com.
The website is www.feelinggoodnyc.com. Check it out, it’s nice!
The Feeling Good Center for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
235 Main St., Suite 520
White Plains, NY 10601
Main number: (914) 315-7950
Elise Munoz, Clinical Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Feeling Good Center of New York
160 Broadway (between Maiden Ln & Liberty St), Suite #1204
New York, NY 10038
Main number: (914) 315-7950
Elise Munoz: Clinical Director (email@example.com)
Dr. David Bricker: Training Director (212) 406-3520 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other resources for cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) around the United States and worldwide include:
- Certified TEAM-CBT therapists can connect with patients using live video therapy (www.videotherapy.live) in certain states. New therapists are being added as fast as possible while sustaining quality.
- www.feelinggoodisrael.com is the website for the TEAM-CBT center in Israel.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Science Center (Oakland, California)
- San Francisco Bay Area Center for Cognitive Therapy
- Center for Cognitive Therapy (Philadelphia)
- The American Institute for Cognitive Therapy, New York City
- Referral list from the Association for the Advancement of Behavior Therapy
- Website for Academy of Cognitive Therapists
For more information on finding a therapist, check the FAQs page.