My advanced empathy workshop on Sunday, Oct 6, 2019, with my esteemed and incredible colleague and friend, Dr. Jill Levitt, is just one day away. I strongly recommend this workshop. The skills you learn will transform your clinical work and your personal life!
We’re going to have a tremendous and fun workshop on Sunday, and I hope you can join us!
Warmly, David Burns, MD
Advanced Empathy Tools for Connecting
with Challenging Patients,
Colleagues, Friends, and Loved Ones
With Drs. David Burns and Jill Levitt
Oct 6, 2019 | 7 CE hours, $135
You can join us in person (just a few slots left)
or online from anywhere in the world via Live-Streaming!
Do you have a patient, colleague, friend or loved one who:
- Complains endlessly but doesn’t listen to any of your good advice?
- Appears irate, but insists s/he isn’t upset?
- Refuses to express his / her feelings?
- Never listens?
- Argues, and always has to be right?
- Always has to be in control?
- Is relentlessly critical?
- “Yes-but’s” when you try to make a point?
- Insists you don’t really care—or understand—when you think you do?
Then you’re going to LOVE this workshop with David and Jill. You’ll learn about–
- The Powerful “Law of Opposites”
- How to find out how your patients really feel about you–if you dare!
- How to transform therapeutic failure into success
- How to talk to people who refuse to talk to you
You’ll also learn–
- Why your worst therapeutic failure is actually your greatest success in disguise
- The fine points of the Five Secrets of Effective Communication
- Three Advanced Empathy Techniques: Multiple Choice Empathy, Changing the Focus, and Positive Reframing
- And more
There will be lots of small group practice with expert feedback and mentoring to help you refine your skills!
Attend in person or
from your home via Live Streaming
Sign up early because we always sell-out for the in-person seats. Of course, there will be lots of skilled trainers to help the online participants with the small group exercises, so you’ll have a great experience either way.
My one-day workshops with Dr. Levitt are usually pretty awesome! It is always an honor to teach with Jill!