Fabrice and David address several challenging questions submitted by individuals who listen to the Feeling Good Podcasts.
- Richard: Do you have to get along with everybody? How do you deal with a sociopath?
- Dave: Positive distortions can trigger mania, addictions, narcissism, and violence–but how can you get rid of them?
- Julia: What can you do if you’ve been depressed all of your life and wake up every morning with your mind flooded with negative thoughts? I spend two hours trying to dispute them, but they just keep coming back the next day.
- Omhur: How would you treat “Reading OCD?” I feel compelled to read every sentence and paragraph carefully and repeatedly so I won’t miss anything!
- Unnamed fan (who left a negative review on iTunes): Isn’t your concept of the death of the ego potentially dangerous to people with low self-esteem who are being abused?
Thank you for your terrific questions, your frequent praise, and your occasional criticisms and challenges. They keep us on our toes, and we deeply appreciate all of you. So keep your comments coming, as well as your suggestions for shows and topics you want to hear more about!
We are receiving more than 50,000 downloads a month. Please tell your friends about us so we can continue to build our audience.
Thanks! We really enjoy doing these shows for you.
David and Fabrice
* * *
October / November / December 2018–
Cool Workshops for You!
Step by Step Training for Therapists
by David Burns, MD and Jill Levitt, PhD
Sunday October 28th, 2018 (8:30 am to 4:30 pm PST)
Live in Palo Alto plus online streaming
Learn how to reduce patient resistance and boost motivation to change. Master skills that will enhance communication skills and increase intimacy with loved ones. This workshop will be highly interactive with many case examples and opportunities for practice using role plays.
Join us for a day of fun and inspiring learning on site in Palo Alto
OR online from anywhere in the world.
The in person version is now sold out, but limited spaces are still available if you would like to join online. There will be experts to assist the online participants with small group exercises in break out rooms, so you will have the same experience as those who attend in person. But act fast it you want to be included!
Learn from David and Jill–a dynamic teaching duo!
7 CE’s. $135
To register, go to the Feeling Good Institute
or call 650-353-6544
* * *
Rapid Recovery from Trauma
a two-day workshop
by David D. Burns, MD
November 1-2, 2018–Woodland Hills, CA
This workshop includes Live Streaming
if you cannot attend in person.
For further information, go to http://www.IAHB.org
or call 1-800-258-8411
* * *
TREAT ANXIETY FAST–
Powerful, Fast-Acting, Drug-Free Treatment Techniques
that Defeat Anxiety & Worry
a 2-day workshop by David D. Burns, MD
November 29 and 30, 2018–San Francisco, CA (in person only)
December 3 and 4, Portland, Oregon (in person and live streaming)
PESI is proud to offer an exciting workshop by David Burns, M.D., a pioneer in the development of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT). Achieve rapid and lasting recovery with all your anxious clients, just as Dr. Burns has done in over 35,000 therapy sessions with severely troubled clients. Become skilled at treating every type of anxiety without drugs.
In this unique 2-day certificate course you’ll master more than 20 treatment techniques to help your clients eliminate the symptoms of anxiety quickly – even your most challenging, resistant clients.
Dr. Burns will illustrate concrete strategies that provide rapid, complete recovery and lasting change for your patients. You’ll learn…
- How to integrate four powerful treatment models to eliminate symptoms.
- How to enhance your client’s engagement in therapy.
- How to develop a treatment plan that specifically targets each client’s unique problems and needs.
- …and so much more!
David will provide you with guided instruction and share powerful video sessions that capture the actual moment of recovery. You will take away practical strategies to use immediately with any anxious client. Leave this certificate course armed with tools you can use in your very next session!
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from one of America’s most highly acclaimed psychiatrists and teachers!