Podcast 61, David and Fabrice answer your questions
In today’s podcast, David and Fabrice address a number of excellent questions submitted by listeners:
- Are the scales on your Brief Mood Survey reliable and valid?
- How can I identify my Negative Thoughts when I’m upset but I can’t figure out what I’m thinking and telling myself?
- I have social anxiety and don’t want to get out of bed. I’d rather just lie in bed and watch Game of Thrones. Help me! What should I do?
- I saw an article in the paper that claimed that bacteria in the gut cause anxiety. Is this true? If not, what does cause depression and anxiety?
- Could your tools, like the Cost-Benefit Analysis, help with problems that aren’t necessarily emotional problems? Like what career to pursue, or what college to go to?
- What should you do if you feel great at the end of a therapy session, and then become severely upset again during the week?
- How does Dr. Burns deal with resistance from colleagues when he is trying to teach these new TEAM-CBT techniques? Does he run into much resistance? How does he feel about the resistance?
David and Fabrice love your questions so keep them coming!