In this short podcast, David and Fabrice address a question submitted by a listener who benefitted from his book, Feeling Good Together. She wants to know whether the same EAR techniques described in that book could help her deal more effectively with a defiant, oppositional child. Dr. Burns reveals a fantastically helpful secret that he and his wife stumbled across in raising their own children. If you have ever struggled in your attempts to deal with an oppositional child or adolescent, you will find this podcast enlightening!
Download an unreleased chapter of my new book
Dr. Burns Upcoming 2020 Workshops
- The Psychotherapy Networker Conference
Drs. David Burns
Saturday, March 21, 2020 (Depression Workshop) and Sunday March 22, 2020 (Anxiety Workshop) PLUS unveiling and advance orders for Dr. Burns’ new book, Feeling Great!
- The Cognitive Distortion Starter Kit: How To Crush Negative Thoughts
With Drs. David Burns and Jill Levitt
May 17 2020 | 7 CE hours | $135
Click Here To Learn more & Register
- Rapid Recover from Anxiety Disorders–GAD, Phobias, OCD, PTSD, Social Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Health Anxiety
Seattle, Washington, June 4 – 5, 2020
- The Annual South San Francisco Intensive
August 10 – 13, 2020, all new this year!
Enhanced Empathy Intensive
- Watch for the awesome December Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference in Anaheim, Sponsored by the Erikson Institute. It is always spectacular and I’ll be presenting there, too! December 9 – 13, 2020