RESOURCESUpcoming Workshop Schedule
I will present two workshops at the upcoming
Saturday, March 21, 2020
Feeling Great—A New, High-Speed
Treatment for Depression
Sunday, March 22, 2020
Overcoming Magical Thinking with the Anxious Client:
A Paradoxical Approach
Plus, my new book, Feeling Great,
will be officially announced with banners and such!
* * *
The Cognitive Distortion Starter Kit:
How to Crush Negative Thoughts
With Drs. David Burns and Jill Levitt
May 17, 2020 | 7 CE hours. $135
* * *
2-Day Clinical Master Class
Rapid Recovery from Anxiety Disorders–
GAD, Phobias, Panic Attacks, Social Anxiety, OCD, PTSD and Health Anxiety
by David D. Burns, MD
* * *
The All-New Annual South San Francisco Intensive!
Enhanced Empathy Training
August 10 – 13, 2020
It’s Going to Be Awesome!
Videos, Live Demonstrations
Small Group Practice with Personal Feedback and Mentoring,
and Chances for Personal Work and Healing
During this four-day intensive workshop you will learn:
- How to develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with challenging, difficult clients.
- How to deal skillfully with people who refuse to open up and talk to you; won’t listen; are relentlessly critical, narcissistic or controlling; always have to be right; use, abuse, or exploit you; complain endlessly; are hostile, threatening or violent; as well as clients who are overwhelmed, hopeless and suicidal.
- How to develop more loving relationships with the people you care about—as well as the ones you don’t.
- Powerful new techniques to help clients who are struggling with conflicts with loved ones, friends, or colleagues.
- How to deal with the inner chatter and powerful feelings that make it so difficult to deal with conflict when you feel angry or hurt.
- How to identify and modify the self-defeating beliefs that make us vulnerable to conflicts with others.
- How to identify and melt away the intense outcome and process resistance that make the treatment of relationship problems so challenging.
* * *
Watch for the Awesome
Sponsored by the Erikson Institute
It is always spectacular and I’ll be presenting, too!
* * *
Incredible training. The best workshop I have ever attended. David is a compassionate, extremely knowledgeable teacher and psychiatrist. I guarantee you will not be disappointed! Marilyn Coffy, PhD
The following are unsolicited anonymous comments from participants on the workshop evaluation forms–
- The live demonstration in the evening was freaking incredible!!!
- The live demonstration was dynamite! . . . It was beautiful!!
- The entire process was fantastic!
- I liked all of it! I appreciated Dr. Burns willingness to be vulnerable with his own flaws and fears.
The following is an unsolicited endorsement for one of the online workshops by Drs. David Burns and Jill Levitt.
This was my second online workshop with Drs. Burns and Levitt, and I must say that I was extremely satisfied with both of these fantastic training programs. The workshop this last Sunday was brilliantly conducted, and the learning experience was awesome.
It was amazing to see how they managed to include so much in just seven hours! But it didn’t even feel heavy.
I strongly recommend these workshops to every therapist all over the world! I do not want to miss a single one of these.
The following are from participants who attended my two-day “Scared Stiff” workshop.
Dear Dr. Burns,
I attended your conference in Salt Lake yesterday. It was wonderful. Thank you very much. I’ve been clinician for 15 years and never has any conference been superior to yours! I’ve attended “Scared Stiff” three times over the years and I’m always pushed to the next level of thinking and understanding!
Thank you for your dedication and your willingness to share your incredible skill and knowledge. YOU ARE MY HERO!! I look up to you and your work!
Thanks again for your wonderful conference!
I just wanted to wish you and your family a very happy, healthy new year.
Meeting you and taking your workshop in Minneapolis was definitely the highlight of my year. Thanks so much again. Using your techniques has really made a difference in my work. My clients and I are very grateful to you.
Jackie A. Castro MA LMFT
Granada Hills, CA
The following feedback was from participants in my first online webinar series.
This is Shahrzad from Montreal, Canada. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your webinars! I find them to be tremendously informative and helpful! I wish I had been trained under your supervision!!!
You have such a kind, compassionate, genuine, down-to-earth, and real presence! I truly love that!!!!! I have had many moments where I have laughed out loud and shed tears while watching your talk in these past few weeks!
Thank you for this great opportunity to learn from your expertise, experience, and wisdom!
Shahrzad Irannejad, PhD, Psychologist
Hi Dr. Burns,
Your presence and personality has made the webinars especially enjoyable. You come across as very humble, genuine, passionate, and caring, and I feel this is a presence to emulate and aspire to as I continue to develop my own therapeutic approach.
(asked to remain anonymous)