My November 3 – 7 psychotherapy training intensive is coming up soon! This will be the same program that I presented this summer in Calgary and San Francisco, and it was the highest rated intensive in the past 25 years. I am hoping the Atlanta intensive will be just as good.
Below you will find just a few of the unsolicited endorsements I found on the anonymously submitted workshop feedback forms. I have had mixed feelings about sharing them with you, for fear that this will sound hopelessly self-promotional; but at the same time, I wanted you to see what can happen at an intensive. The intensives are the best psychotherapy training that I can offer, and are nearly always tremendous opportunities for personal healing as well!
I’ve always been a huge advocate for doing your own personal work as an absolutely essential part of psychotherapy training. When you’ve faced your own demons, you will no longer be a “technician;” you will be a “healer.”
The intensive will feature powerful new TEAM-CBT techniques for ultra-rapid treatment of depression and all of the anxiety disorders. You will work super hard, with two evening sessions in addition to the four day sessions; you will emerge exhausted, but hopefully filled with joy, many new skills and insights, and a much deeper understanding of the sudden, dramatic and lasting changes that can happen in effective treatment.
David Burns (email@example.com)
* * *
High-Speed Treatment of Depression
and Anxiety Disorders
A Four-Day TEAM-CBT Advanced Intensive
November 4 – 7, 2019
The Atlanta, Georgia Intensive
This will be my first East Coast Intensive in more than 25 years. l don’t travel to the east coast for teaching very often any more, as I just turned 77 and I’ve grown a bit tired of airports. But I still LOVE teaching, so I hope you can join us! I’ll have a number of trained colleagues helping with the small group exercises, and giving you individual mentoring and feedback throughout the program, and I will be doing the same thing, too!
* * *
Participant Feedback at the SF Summer Intensive
- The intervention on anxiety was so inspiring. Very powerful . . . a healing and amazing experience!
- I loved the Stage Fright demonstration. The stage was full of such beautiful people. I love your spontaneity, David, normalizing it with your nightmarish experience. Yeah! Celebrate!
- Such a safe environment. Vicarious healing. Awesome!
- Superb at all levels. Dr. Burns’ brilliance shines through even in the difficult moments.
- The unplanned and spontaneous anxiety (fear of public speaking) group was a real WOW!
- It was beautiful!
- It was Fantastic to see all the people with public speaking anxiety get up on stage. Fantastic! They looked at the fear monster in the face and realized it has no teeth!!
- The Externalization of Voices role-play was awesome.
- Love the sensibility of joyous failure!
- Fantastic training!
- David’s integration of philosophy and spirituality into the TEAM-CBT model—absolutely brilliant! An amazing experience!
- Today was very emotional for me. I didn’t have the courage to get up on stage and speak about my public speaking anxiety, but it was a wonder to watch the other participants share their own struggles. It brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful!
- During the practice with the Externalization of Voices, I experienced a shift that I did not think would be possible.
- Demos, role-plays. Helpers were fantastic, supportive. I learned a lot. Lots of tears. Facing my demons. Thank you, Dr. Burns!
- I think these ideas are light years better than most things that typically happen in therapy! Very motivating!
- We saw healing happen before our very eyes!
- Wow, fabulous! To go through the whole exercise was rewarding. The helpers were awesome. Thank you, Dr. Burns, for your awesomeness and helpful, brilliant mind.
- WOW WOW WOW! No words needed. AMAZING! Thank you for this experience!
- Superb!! Thank you, Dr. Burns!
- Our helper was awesome. Loved the night session! A+!