Hi, a colleague asked me to remind you that you can attend the upcoming Empathy workshop online from anywhere in the world. We will have skilled online trainers to help you with your small group exercises, so you’ll have the same fabulous experience as those who attend in person. Thanks! David
Advanced Empathy Training
My advanced empathy training workshop with my esteemed colleague, Dr. Jill Levitt, is just a few days away (Sunday, Oct 6, 2019)! I strongly recommend this workshop because the skills you learn will transform your clinical work and your personal life as well.
If you’re like most mental health professionals, you believe that you already have excellent empathy skills, but research indicates this is not always, or even often, accurate. In fact, when therapists ask patients to rate them on my Empathy and Helpfulness scales for the first time, most receive failing grades from every patient on both scales!
This can be shocking, demoralizing, and anxiety-provoking. But it’s an easily correctable problem. If you’d like to boost your therapeutic skills and develop more loving relationships with colleagues and loved ones, this is one workshop that you won’t want to miss! But move fast, it is filling up quickly.
Jill and I are super-excited about this particular workshop! And speaking from personal experience, I can assure you that this is one workshop we ALL need!
Although we will focus on the therapy relationship, the methods you learn will apply to all relationships–with your partner, spouse, son, daughter, parent or friend–so feel free to come if you’re interested, even if you’re not a “shrink!” You’ll find the details below.
We’re going to have a tremendous and fun workshop on Sunday, and I hope you can join us!
David Burns, MD
Advanced Empathy Tools for Connecting
with Challenging Patients,
Colleagues, Friends, and Loved Ones
With Drs. David Burns and Jill Levitt
Oct 6, 2019 | 7 CE hours, $135
Do you have a patient, colleague, friend or loved one who:
- Complains endlessly but doesn’t listen to any of your good advice?
- Appears irate, but insists s/he isn’t upset?
- Refuses to express his / her feelings?
- Never listens?
- Argues, and always has to be right?
- Always has to be in control?
- Is relentlessly critical?
- “Yes-but’s” when you try to make a point?
- Insists you don’t really care—or understand—when you think you do?
Then you’re going to LOVE this workshop with David and Jill. You’ll learn about–
- The Powerful “Law of Opposites”
- How to find out how your patients really feel about you–if you dare!
- How to transform therapeutic failure into success
- How to talk to people who refuse to talk to you
You’ll also learn–
- Why your worst therapeutic failure is actually your greatest success in disguise
- The fine points of the Five Secrets of Effective Communication
- Three Advanced Empathy Techniques: Multiple Choice Empathy, Changing the Focus, and Positive Reframing
- And more
There will be lots of small group practice with expert feedback and mentoring to help you refine your skills!
Attend in person or
from your home via Live Streaming
Sign up early because we always sell-out for the in-person seats. Of course, there will be lots of skilled trainers to help the online participants with the small group exercises, so you’ll have a great experience either way.
My one-day workshops with Dr. Levitt are usually pretty awesome! It is always an honor to teach with Jill!