How would you overcome the fear of aging?
Can you use TEAM for sports psychology?
Describe your typical day, David–
do you ever get down or anxious?
Thanks for your many and awesome questions. I love to answer them! And there will be more to come in future podcasts. Your questions are GREAT!
- Vipul: Tell us about your new book, Feeling Great. How will it be different from Feeling Good? And can people with schizoaffective disorder be helped? (story with Stirling Moorey)
- Guy: What’s a nervous breakdown?
- Rob: How would you treat a field goal kicker who’s afraid of missing the winning field goal? Would you use positive visualizations?
- Michael: How would you treat someone with the fear of aging? I turn 60 in a few months, and have been experiencing anxiety around not be able to do some of the things I love as I age.
- Hidem: How fast is fast? I notice your frequent use of the term “High Speed Recovery” (and even Warp Speed) when describing the benefits of TEAM CBT. How rapidly does the average patient recover?
- Brittany: I had an idea that I think would benefit a lot of us. I’d like you to do a podcast on a week or a day in your life. The ups & downs of your moods, triggers, etc., & most importantly how you deal with them. Do you write out your own Negative Thoughts a Daily Mood Log?
Thank you for all of your great questions, comments, and testimonials! Rhonda and I really appreciate that! David and Rhonda
PS Here’s a great question we did not get to today. We’ll do it in a future Ask David, as it’s really important.
- Rubens: What can you do when you can’t identify your negative thoughts? I get anxious, but don’t seem to have any negative thoughts. Is it really true that our feelings always result from negative thoughts?
You can reach Dr. Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Rhonda Barovsky practices in Walnut Creek, California, and can be reached at email@example.com.
If you like our jingle music and would like to support the composer Brett Van Donsel, you may download it here.
* * *
There will be three awesome intensives
for you this summer and fall!
July 15 – 18, 2019
Calgary, Canada four-day intensive
Sponsored by Jack Hirose & Assoc.
July 29 – August 1, 2019
South San Francisco four-day intensive
Sponsored by Praxis
November 4 – 7, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia four-day intensive
Sponsored by Praxis