Today we rebroadcast a fabulous interview David did recently for “The Upgrade” Podcast (sponsored by the popular Life Hacker website with hosts Melissa Kirsch and Alice Bradley on a range of topics, including:
- Why did you write Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy?
- Is depression caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain?
- What’s your experience with electro-convulsive therapy (ECT)?
- Why did you give up your research career in biological psychiatry?
- How can you tease out your negative thoughts when you know you’re depressed but you just can’t think of any thoughts?
- How does TEAM-CBT differ from conventional CBT?
- Can you use TEAM-CBT with severe problems, or is it only for individuals with mild mood disturbances?
Thanks for listening to our Feeling Good Podcasts. Please tell your friends about us or forward this to them so our numbers can continue to grow. We are now in the range of 60,000 downloads per month, thanks to all of you! Fabrice and I greatly appreciate your support!
David and Fabrice
Dr. Fabrice Nye currently practices in Redwood City, California and works with individuals throughout the world via teletherapy. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach Dr. Burns at email@example.com. If you like our jingle music and would like to support the composer Brett Van Donsel, you may download it here.
* * *
A Cool Upcoming Workshop for YOU!
Coming Really Soon!
Act fast if you want to attend.
a 2-day workshop by David D. Burns, MD
November 29 and 30, 2018: San Francisco, CA
(in person only)
December 3 and 4, 2018: Portland, Oregon
(in person and live streaming)
PESI is proud to offer an exciting workshop by David Burns, M.D., a pioneer in the development of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT). Achieve rapid and lasting recovery with all your anxious clients, just as Dr. Burns has done in over 35,000 therapy sessions with severely troubled clients. Become skilled at treating every type of anxiety without drugs.
In this unique 2-day certificate course you’ll master more than 20 treatment techniques to help your clients eliminate the symptoms of anxiety quickly – even your most challenging, resistant clients.
Dr. Burns will illustrate concrete strategies that provide rapid, complete recovery and lasting change for your patients. You’ll learn…
- How to integrate four powerful treatment models to eliminate symptoms.
- How to enhance your client’s engagement in therapy.
- How to develop a treatment plan that specifically targets each client’s unique problems and needs.
- …and so much more!
David will provide you with guided instruction and share powerful video sessions that capture the actual moment of recovery. You will take away practical strategies to use immediately with any anxious client. Leave this certificate course armed with tools you can use in your very next session!
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from one of America’s most highly acclaimed teachers!
Sponsored by PESI
To register, or for more information, call: 800-844-8260